• A WALK AROUND THE PLANTATION. Munduk Moding Plantation’s site is one of the best mountain areas on the island. It is located on the edge of a plateau above three breathtakingly beautiful lakes. The almost five hectares hilly but very fertile soil allows just about every tropical tree, plant, flower or vegetable to grow easily. We believe this maximum one and a half hour trekking on our 3 miles walking path will be an excellent introduction to the island's flora and you are guaranteed to spot some of the indigenous birds. A short introductory guided walk is offered to every new guest on the plantation. Longer, self-guided, walks can be taken at any point in time.
Duration: 30 minutes to 90 minutes. Free.
• COFFEE, ORANGE AND HORTENSIA. Our plantation is surrounded by other tropical plantations worked by neighborhood farmers growing coffee, clove, chocolate, banana, hortensia flowers, oranges, orchids and a lot more. This one to two hour walk will offer you the possibilities to explore Munduk Moding Plantation’s surroundings, discover the natural beauty of Bali's farming and to interact with charming farmers.
Duration: approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours; cost: 15 USD (up to 3 persons)
• TREKKING TO MUNDUK. Walk through rainforest and across plantations, and descend on the historical hill-station of Munduk which you'll see lying below you as you walk alongside ancient irrigation canals. Beautiful views of rice fields and rainforest characterize this walk which ends at the premises of our partner hotel Puri Lumbung where you will be offered a cold drink before you are transported back to Munduk Moding Plantation.
Duration: approximately 2 to 3 hours; cost 25 USD (up to 3 persons)
Note: a hat and proper walking shoes are recommended
• EMPELAN WATERFALL. Starting from Munduk Moding Plantation you will be walking through orange and flower plantations before descending to a plateau filled with millions of old clove and coffee trees. When you finally arrive at one of Bali’s most magnificent waterfall, a cold breeze from the spring water fall welcomes you. From the finishing point you will transported back to Munduk Moding Plantation.
Duration : two and a half to three hours. cost 25 USD (up to 3 persons)
• BALI AGA VILLAGES AND SUGAR PALM PROCESSING. Within two to three hours walk from Munduk Moding Plantation situated in a palm grove, a Bali aga village named Pedawa appears with unique Bamboo temples and houses. Palm sugar processing based on ancient traditions is still taking place today. You'll be offered some palm sugar after inspecting the village. Transport back to Munduk Moding Plantation is provided.
Duration : three hour to four and a half an hour. cost 35 USD (up to 3 persons)
• BUYAN AND TAMBLINGAN. A mile away from Munduk Moding Plantation, you will be entering a lush protected rainforest area with giant old trees, animals such as macaque, black giant squirrel, birds and old temples. You'll then walk along the shore of this lake situated in the caldera of an extinct volcano. There is also a possibility to combine this walk with a session of forty five minutes exploring the Tamblingan lake by dugout canoe. At the finishing point where you will e picked up by and transported back to Munduk Moding Plantation.
Duration : Three to four hours. Cost: 35 USD (up to 3 persons); for canoe trip, add XX USD per person.
• GOBLEG’S TEMPLES. Starting from Munduk Moding Plantation you will first see Batu madeg temple, temple of strength and then Batu mancer temple, temple of art. Down further there are Siwa temple and Pemulungan agung temple, the central temple for the Kingdom of "Dalem tamblingan" Our guide will explain the role of these temples in the religion of the local people and you will be able to visit. Before the finishing point, an old coffee temple will be visited. Transport back to Munduk Moding Plantation is provided.
Duration: Three and a half hour to four and a half hour. Cost 35 USD (up to 3 persons)
Note : A hat, proper walking shoes are highly recommended.
• PUCAK MANGU. We climb to the peak of one of Bali's highest mountains surging 1.900 meters above the sea level. Its magnificent Hindu temple in rainforest covering the mountain and offering you great satisfaction when hiking through it. From Munduk Moding Plantation you will be transported to the foothill to start the hike. At first, there will still be some remote farm houses, but then you penetrate the dense rainforest. The trip to the peak will usually take three or four hours. A picnic lunch at the summit is provided.
Total duration : Six to eight hours. Cost: 70 USD (up to 3 persons)
• BUNUT (GIANT TREE). Starting from Munduk Moding Plantation you will walk past the historical village of Munduk with its Dutch colonial style houses and beautiful rice paddies and then you will be entering a village named GESING where the seventy meter high and sixty meter round banyan tree, believed to be the largest on the island and several centuries old, is located. You will be able to climb through the tree. From there you will be transported back to Munduk Moding Plantation.
Duration : five to six hours. Cost: 55 USD (up to three persons)
• JATILUWIH. Starting from a fisherman village at Lake Tamblingan, the smallest lake in Bali, situated in the caldera of an extinct vulcano, you will walk through the rain forest, through valleys overlooked by Bali's central mountains before arriving in the breathtakingly beautiful Jatiluwih valley and village. This village is well known for its beautiful landscape consisting of what many consider to be Bali's most beautiful rice terraces. A snack will be provided during this hike which rewards all the senses. From there you will be transported back to Munduk Moding Plantation.
Duration : six to seven hour. Cost: 60 USD (up to three persons)
• SUBAK. Explore the decade’s old system of sharing water by Balinese farmers named SUBAK. This system is still maintained by the farmers of Gobleg in order to make sure that every rice grower has sufficient water to irrigate his fields. From Munduk Moding Plantation you will be transported to a lower point of the hill to start the trek and you will be picked up at the finish point.
Duration : four to five hour. Cost: 40 USD (up to three persons)
• WATERFALL BONANZA. The area around Munduk Moding Plantation is characterised by many mountain streams and small rivers that form waterfalls running down the lush hills. Starting from Munduk Moding Plantation you will first see the EMPELAN WATERFALL ( waterfall with a dam) followed by the BELONG WATERFALL (waterfall with bat caves) and finally you will explore Bali’s highest waterfall named LAANGAN WATERFALL. There are more waterfalls along the valley to be seen if you so wish. Take your swimming trunks if you'd like to swim in the cool mountain water.
Note : A hat and walking shoes are highly recommended.
Drinking water will be prepared by Munduk Moding Plantation.