MMP and our coffee plantation are run by a 100% Balinese team. While we strive for top notch service, we elected to develop the resort sensitively in unison with the local villages and draw on international experts to help coach the team and train our trainers. Today, our team comprises some 150 colleagues, solidifying MMP as a strong supporter of the local economy. In this way, MMP demonstrates to the people of the area that sustainable tourism is in their interest, creates employment and prosperity, respects the local culture, and helps promote a better environment. In this mission, we were helped by the local villages and Bali’s own star architects Popo Danes and Era Anastasia who designed the resort. Many guests have stepped forward over the years and helped MMP to implement this vision – some advised on sustainable agriculture, others produced maps, and nearly all our guests have given honest feedback, which we try to implement as much as possible. As owners, we meet up with our Indonesian team at least twice a year at the plantation to strengthen our bonds and friendship and review progress; we are in touch every week – often every day. We have seen families being formed, children born and people spreading their wings as they take on new responsibilities – this has been a tremendously enriching experience for all of us.
When traveling with our family in Indonesia in 2007, we discovered the hill country around Munduk and were enchanted by its natural beauty. We muck dived and watched dolphins in the Bali Sea at dawn, explored ancient towns in the late morning, feasted on a “rijsttafel” over lunch, and then canoed in the crater of an extinct volcano before hiking back through the rainforest and exploring some stunning and deserted temples in the jungle.
Munduk Moding Plantation (MMP) believes that a close relationship and integration between humans, nature, and the environment (Tri Hita Karana), is key for dealing with the environmental stresses and pressures on the island due to the rapid development of Bali tourism over the years.
- 2-night stay in a chosen Suite or Villa
- Daily unlimited A La Carte breakfast
- Daily 4 bottles of mineral water in the room
- MMP’s Signature welcome drink
- 1x special Set Lunch (3 Courses)
- 1x special Set Dinner (3 Courses)
- 1x 60 Minutes Traditional Balinese Massage
- Guided walk to witness the ceremony to purify the area and Ogoh Ogoh parade
- Observing cooking along road side one day after the New Year
- Daily Afternoon Tea served with home-made cookies
- Free unlimited WiFi access
- Free unlimited access to all resort facilities and MMP Experience Program
Booking period : immediately until March 10, 2024
Staying period : March 10 to 12, 2024
See also other special offers here!